Thursday, March 22, 2018

new from above/ground press: The Landscapes Were in My Arms (figure 1), by Sara Renee Marshall

The Landscapes Were in My Arms (figure 1)
by Sara Renee Marshall
$5


Every morning, I come into my kitchen

or this kitchen wears the ghosts of yours

I calibrate at the stove—the scene sucked

furtively toward a field usurped by a pinhole

I move my head back and forth and inhale

cautiously. I want to shake the house

out of the air, open somewhere greener

There’s the grainy picture we make with words

and the picture hovering, ambient as arms

I’m made there, hand-guided into the day

If I rewind, I risk. I revive the same

little death. As if new light alive

on the wall doesn’t deliver enough cruelty

published in Ottawa by above/ground press
March 2018
celebrating twenty-five years of above/ground press
a/g subscribers receive a complimentary copy

Sara Renee Marshall
hails from the queen city of the plains, Denver, Colorado. Her writing has appeared in Poor Claudia, Colorado Review, OmniVerse, jubilat, dusie, in chapbooks, and elsewhere. She holds a degree in Political Science and an MFA in Poetry, both from University of Colorado. Sara is now completing a PhD at University of Georgia. With Thomas and Rosa Bernadette, she lives and writes in Atlanta.

To order, send cheques (add $1 for postage; outside Canada, add $2) to: rob mclennan, 2423 Alta Vista Drive, Ottawa ON K1H 7M9 or paypal at www.robmclennan.blogspot.com

No comments: