Monday, March 12, 2018

new from above/ground press: snow day, by rob mclennan

snow day
rob mclennan
$5


First thing this morning, Christine and I each receive an email regarding the cancellation of buses across the school board. The warmer temperatures bring freezing rain. We live too close to the school for the cancellations to affect us. I still bundle both children for Rose’s drop-off, for her to begin another full day of junior kindergarten. Neither cancelled, nor snow: what kind of snow day is that?

Anna Gurton-Wachter responds to my email. Monty Reid responds to my email. Nikki Sheppy responds to my email. Stephen Brockwell responds to my email. Neil Flowers responds to my email. Pearl Pirie responds to my email. David O’Meara responds to my email. Annick MacAskill responds to my email. Christine McNair responds to my email. Sarah Burgoyne responds to my email. Shazia Hafiz Ramji responds to my email. Christine McNair responds to my email. natalie hanna responds to my email. Christine McNair responds to my email. Christine McNair responds to my email. Christine McNair responds to my email. Christine McNair responds to my email.

Ian Williams responds to a photograph of my home office: “Don’t you feel perpetually overwhelmed?”

“I saw the photo of your writing desk and wanted to close the door.”

published in Ottawa by above/ground press
March 15, 2018
in conjunction with the author’s forty-eighth birthday
celebrating twenty-five years of above/ground press
a/g subscribers receive a complimentary copy


rob mclennan
lives in Ottawa, where he runs a reading series three blocks away from where he was born. His latest title is A perimeter (New Star Books, 2016). Household items, his second poetry title with Ireland’s Salmon Poetry, appears this spring.

This is mclennan’s fifty-ninth above/ground press chapbook, following It’s still winter (2017), and above/ground press’ 852nd item overall.

To order, send cheques (add $1 for postage; outside Canada, add $2) to: rob mclennan, 2423 Alta Vista Drive, Ottawa ON K1H 7M9 or paypal at www.robmclennan.blogspot.com

No comments: